April 18, 2009

Bling Dreadnought, Part 1

Another repost of a thread from Oz Painters chronicling the crazy detailing of the GW Metal Venerable Dreadnought:

Ultramarine Bling Dreadnought

I've been eyeing up the metal venerable dreadnought for a while, it's full of bits that I hate but also lots of lovely detail. After getting it though I kinda wish I'd spent bigger and gotten a forgeworld one Rolling Eyes

Anyway onto the hacking and grinding and stuff.

Starting at the bottom the 1st hideous thing to go was the ugly chicken clawed feet. I assume they were going for a Robocop 2 Kane feel with the hydraulic claws on the tips of the toes but bleu they look horrible. So I decided to replicate the forgeworld venerable feet using some sentinel ones hacked up.





it added a few mm extra height to the legs too which was nice to balance out the overly tall waist section, though I may grind that down a bit later (the waist that is not the feet)





still need to add the ankles to one foot, I think I'll add some hydraulics to them joining them to the round base area the leg hydraulics attach to. Depends how much shin armour gets in the way though.

No comments:

Post a Comment